Mintrex strives to employ the most talented people available focussing on career progression and technical skill development.
We value Chartered Professional Engineering status as a mark of trust, skill, expertise and recognition within our profession. Our engineers are registered on or aspire to registration on, the National Engineers Register.
Mintrex is strongly committed to ongoing staff training and offers training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth and career development.
Senior Structural Engineer
Mintrex is a Perth based consulting engineering company providing cost effective solutions to the minerals and mining sectors, with the capability of servicing Australia and overseas locations.
Mintrex is committed to the success of our clients by saving them money and minimising overall project risk when converting ideas into effective investments.
Due to a steadily expanding market presence our company is seeking a highly motivated person to join our Perth team.
Duties & Responsibilities include
- Prepare detail engineering designs and calculations associated with mineral processing plants
- Manage projects and prepare project schedules
- Prepare and check contract documentation
- Prepare cost estimates and undertake resource planning of engineers and designers
- Plan, manage, document and coordinate feasibility studies
- Plan, manage, document and coordinate activities of the team and monitor and report as required
- Ensure engineering designs are efficient, safe, cost effective, innovative and meet the needs of the client while complying with Australian Standards and QA protocols
- Prepare Safety in Design reports
- Mentor and train junior engineers.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia, NER and RPEQ required
- Project Management qualification will be highly regarded.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the design of materials handling plants and associated mining infrastructure for base and precious metals
- Superior report writing skills essential
- Good communication skills and ability to work to a deadline essential
- Experienced project management in accordance with Project Management Body of Knowledge will be highly regarded
- Familiar with design office principles and QA protocols will be highly regarded
- Commissioning and Construction experience related to processing plants will be highly regarded.
- Casual position
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that resumes from recruitment agents will not be considered.